|To search within this site simply put in the model name,chassis number etc|
Riley-badged version of BMC’s mid-sized Farina styled saloons were in production from 1959 to 1969 and blended the performance of the MG with the interior luxury of the Wolseley. The car was based on the MG Magnette so had cut-back fins from 1959 plus the same twin-carburettor, four-cylinder engine of 66.5bhp.This also had the traditional Riley 'grille and whiskers' style front-end. Two-tone paintwork was also added to give the car a visual lift. The 'sporting' Riley variant had a few performance tweeks, including front and rear anti-roll bars and a twin-carburettor engine – and was as quick as the MG Magnette version. Optional automatic transmission – a Riley first – was offered from 1962, along with 1622cc (99 cu in) engine to replace earlier car's 1489cc (91 cu in) unit.
The 4/72 in 1961 put that figure at 68bhp; there was also a wider track, increased wheelbase and anti-roll bars to try and control the body roll all Farinas suffered from.